Agile Project Management Book List
Reading helps us to learn about theories, best practices, and techniques which are useful to maintain the expert status. Here is a list of books which is very helpful to learn about Agile Project Management. The list is compiled in order of the edition’s publishing date.
- Agile Software Development with Scrum by Ken Schwaber, Mike Beedle
Agile Software Development with Scrum shows the philosophy behind Scrum and it is a great introduction to Scrum. This is a good book for beginners.
- Lean Software Development: An Agile Toolkit by Mary Poppendieck, Tom Poppendieck
This is an excellent book for understanding basic lean concepts and the overview of lean in relation to software development.
- Agile and Iterative Development: A Manager's Guide by Craig Larman
This is a good introduction to agile and iterative development. It includes detailed explanation of four major methodologies; Scrum, XP, RUP and Evo.
- Agile Project Management with Scrum by Ken Schwaber
This contains a series of case studies to explain how to use Scrum by showing different situations and cases of success and failure.
- Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn
This is an excellent book to learn about planning, estimation, feature and schedule management aspects of agile.
- Manage It!: Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management by Johanna Rothman
A great read on difficulties and pitfalls of project management. It is full of good advices and good practices.
- The Software Project manager's Bridge to Agility by Michele Sliger, Stacia Broderick
This book shows how agile management practices fit in to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK).
- Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Thinking and Organizational Tools for Large-Scale Scrum by Craig Larman, Bas Vodde
This is a guide for agile practitioners to expand from small development teams to large teams.
- Agile Project Management: Creating Innovative Products by Jim Highsmith
This book explains software development best practices with theories that a project manager can use in agile projects.
- Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum by Mike Cohn
Succeeding with Agile is one of the best books about the practice of implementing Scrum in your work place. This is an excellent book for beginners and a recommended text book for CSMs.